Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Reprieve


Every time I get annoyed with everything going on here, I always end up being reminded of what a beautiful place it is. Again in the Cedars this weekend, it's just sublime. It is possible, if only for a little while, to be in Lebanon and not worry about politics, the economy, pollution, or any other day-to-day worries and concerns. Sleeping surrounded by total silence is something Beirutis don't get enough of and waking up to it is something that never happens. The view.....? Well, enough said, especially in Winter.

And since I'm being frivolous and enjoying it here's some incontestable logic:

So there. It must be true.


My lovely Chelsea play Colchester today in the FA Cup's only remaining David and Goliath match, but I have learnt my lesson. I shall never take anything Chelsea for granted again (that's to appease the football deities before our match against Barcelona next Wednesday...)

And so to lunch.

Enjoy your Sunday.

4 comments:

ScarlO said...

I'm not evil!You think I'm evil? Ha!
*writes 'Desmond' on the victim's list*

We'll meet soon, Desomn. Very soon
Muhahahahahaha *vanishes*

Charles Malik said...

Women are not just evil, but the root of all evil - at least according to the Catholic Church.

Something to add to your equation is the world's oldest profession. The first work for which someone was paid and for which men needed money was... the source of all evil.

Anonymous said...

Evil Huh....bite your tongue..... I will show you evil.....Nah not really but would be fun....


Denise

desmond said...

Scarlo,
I meant every other woman, except you!

LP,
Then that would make most of my friends Catholics....

Denise,
I meant every other woman, except you!